It's Summer Time! Open up your Solar Plexus Chakra
Summer is in full swing!
After a much needed getaway to the Pennsylvania and New York last week, it's nice to be back in shining Southern California. I liked the cloudy days we got on the East Coast, but being back in the O.C. motivates me to open up my Solar Plexus Chakra and kick off Satin Crystals' Summertime Fun Sale!
Fortunately, sunshine helps us to automatically open up the Third Chakra. It is called the Solar Plexus because it is activated by solar energy. Those deprived of the sun are even more in need of self-care methods to boost this important flow. Let's talk about the Solar Plexus.
Third Chakra: Solar Plexus
Location: This chakra vortex spins through the pit of our stomach, and is centered near the belly button. The energy flows in a clockwise motion through our body and out the back side.
Function: The third chakra is our emotional center. Each experience we have is associated with an emotion. When we are happy and on our life's true path, the chakra flows freely and everything is in balance. When we are resisting life, we have negative feelings such as anger, sadness, and fear. The chakra becomes slow or heavy. In extreme cases it can be blocked completely, leaving us numb or depressed. The solar plexus is directly associated with our "gut feeling", which is our intuitive guide as to whether or not we are in the correct place and space.
Another function of the Third Chakra is to give us meaningfulness in day to day activities. With a healthy solar plexus, we feel motivated and alive with our everyday actions. When this chakra is out of balance, we feel disconnected to our Earthly purpose and find it hard to be in the moment. Certain tasks may feel like a bore and a chore.
Crystal Healing: The Solar Plexus is associated with the color yellow. That is why I'm kicking off our summer sale with 10% off of the following yellow Solar Plexus Stones:
- Calcite is an efficient healer by dissolving problems. Calcite is a stone of creativity and emotional balance. It is an excellent stone for those working on calcium related issues such as bones and teeth. You can find solid and translucent stones in a variety of colors, including yellow, golden, white, blue, green, and more. For solar plexus work, we recommend yellow and golden calcite.
- Citrine is the "Merchant's Stone", bringing cash and aligning you to universal flow of abundance. Place citrine near your money source for added prosperity, and use it in your financial feng shui areas. Small pieces can be carried in the purse or wallet. Citrine also balances the emotions and enhances creativity. This attractive yellow stone can be found in clear and opaque form, from light yellow to honey red.
- Septarian brings calming energies, feelings of joy and spiritual uplifting. Septarian is used to enhance and nurture communication with groups, making it much easier to speak clearly and kindly in group settings. This stone assists with communication with Mother Earth.
Surround yourself with sunny solar plexus crystals. Having them within the aura field is the best. To actively balance the Third Chakra, you can engage methods such as forming crystal grids around your space or body, doing layouts with the stone on your stomach, meditating with the stone in hand, or simply wearing it in jewelry form to receive the energy all day long. Be sure to charge the stones in the sunlight for added boost.
- The Solar Plexus thrives off sunlight, so spending a healthy amount of time in the sun keeps it energized. Engage in activities you enjoy such as a stroll in the park, playing recreational sports, or cruising in your convertible!
- Realize the Power of Now. Since this chakra is associated with everyday life activities, it helps you to be in the moment. Most of us like to dwell on the past or fuss over the future, but when you take a breath and stabilize the moment, these fears subside. I personally love Eckhart Tolle's "Power of Now", a book I like to brush up on every once in awhile. There are also guided meditation groups or online meditation videos that can help bring you into the present. When you're in a bind, don't forget the three deep breathes technique to center your being any place, any time.
- Take a vacation! One of my favorite hobbies is traveling. When you release yourself from the every day grind, you let go of self-created stress. Traveling reminds you that the world is big and beautiful. There is a lot more going on than just the bubble we create in our ordinary lives. It helps to expand the mind and connect us to Earth, Humanity, and the Present. Having just come back from an 8 day East Coast vacation myself, I'm now better able to handle the life situations that seemed so cumbersome just a couple weeks ago.
Thank you dearly for reading about the Solar Plexus, and I hope this information has inspired you to rejuvenate the Third Chakra. Be sure to check out our Summer Sale! Enjoy the great gift of sunshine while it's here.
Author: Lisa Satin