Where's my package?
On rare occasion, customers contact us because their package was delivered but they can't find it. Over 99% of the time, the package was either placed in an unusual spot, given to a neighbor or family member, or will arrive within 24 hours. Most customers are able to locate the package soon after they take these steps:
It's Marked Delivered but not here
What to do within 48 hours:
- Check with family members and housemates, they may have laid it aside
- Check with neighbors who may have signed for it on your behalf
- Check with your postal worker and ask them where they left the package
- Check your order details to confirm that you put the right shipping address.
- Check with your local post office by visiting in person, calling, or filing online: https://www.usps.com/help/
- Call the carrier (USPS, UPS, DHL, or Fed-ex): They may have it on hold and forgotten to leave you a note.
- Most international packages are shipped DHL. They could be held for customs clearance or other procedures. Contact your local branch and provide them the tracking number.
Wait 48 hours. Sometimes packages are scanned as "delivered" but don't actually get delivered until a day or two later.
What to do after 48 hours:
Is it still missing? Once a package has left Satin Crystals, we cannot control its outcome. It is the responsibility of the carrier to help you locate it. Thankfully, carriers now have GPS tracking and can inform you if it was misdelivered. Here is what to do:
Step 1: File a Claim at your local post office or online:
They will tell you if the package was delivered to your address or misdelivered. If it was misdelivered, work with USPS to have them reship it to you. Misdelivered mail is not covered by Satin Crystals' return policy because it is the USPS responsibility to recover it. If you purchased shipping insurance, priority shipping, or express shipping, USPS will refund you.
Step 2: If USPS said your package was delivered after you opened an official claim, here's what to do:
Mail theft and fraud are not covered under Satin Crystals' return policy because they fall under federal jurisdiction. Mail theft is handled by the US Inspector's office. The thief will be persecuted with a felony. The USPS General will take your case from this point forward.
The good news is that the post office and US General inspector take every case seriously and will investigate before making a ruling. They now satellite track packages from start to finish and can often figure out where things went wrong.
What to do if your package was lost or stolen:
1. If you haven't already done so, file a claim at your local post office or online. They may be able to refund you if you purchased shipping insurance, priority shipping, or express shipping. https://www.usps.com/help/
2.. File a report with your credit card or Paypal. Many payment processors reimburse for lost/stolen packages.
3. File a local police report
4. Send these copies to Satin Crystals so we can assist you along the way.
- File a Report with FBI:
- File a Report with USPIS General Inspector:
- Open an investigation with USPS:
- Get USPS Delivery Notifications:
- Get UPS Delivery Notifications:
In the News:
Mail fraud arrest in Sacramento, Feb 2020:
Mail fraud arrest in Oklahoma, Jan 2020:
281 Email Scammers arrested globally: Sep 2019: