For many centuries, pendulums were used in grandfather clocks to tell the time and metronomes to provide a regular beat for musicians.
In the energy healing world, pendulums have long been used as a tool to access the subconscious mind or Higher Self.
How to use Pendulums for Dowsing
Using a pendulum to gain answers
The pendulum moves on the principle that it is reading your subconscious mind. Your subconscious has all the answers, but your conscious mind does not readily read these answers. Crystals help to discern these answers.
You can use any crystal pendulum for dowsing
1. Hold the pendulum by the tip of the chain between your thumb & forefinger of your giving hand (right for right-handed)
2. Hold the pendulum over your receiving hand.
3. Relax, be comfortable.
4. Focus your intent on the pendulum and ask it out loud or silently, “Which way is YES?” The pendulum will move one way.
5. Tell it to “STOP” or stop it physically.
6. Focus your intent on the pendulum and ask it out loud or silently, “Which way is NO?” The pendulum will move another way.
7. You can now ask it YES or NO questions
You may need to practice focusing your intent or trying out different pendulums to see which one corresponds best with your energies. Movements may be small or larger, depending on how relaxed you are. It may take several months to let go of control and become proficient with a pendulum.FACT:
Professional dowsers are often called to detect where negative electromagnetic energy is strongest. Ex: certain mineral concentrations coming in contact with underground streams may cause harmful electromagnetic currents.
How to use Pendulums for Chakra Diagnosis
Checking the Chakras
To determine if a person's chakras are open or blocked, here are the steps you can take with your pendulum:
1. Hold the pendulum by the tip of the chain between your thumb and forefinger of your receiving hand (left for right-handed; right for left-handed)
2. Relax, be comfortable.
3. Let the pendulum rotate over the client’s chakras.
You want each chakra to be rotating in a large, clockwise motion. If any of the chakras are not moving in a large clockwise motion, there is some sort of blockage in this energy area.
The client will need additional crystal healing sessions or self-care to unblock these areas of their lives. Refer them to the Chakra Guide.
The Many Uses of Pendulums
Besides checking chakra energy and dowsing, you can also use natural stone pendulums to:
Hang in a sunny window to reflect the light.
Hang from the ceiling in a healing space.
Create a Hanging Mobile with pendulums.
Convert into a necklace to wear with you.
Place it in a pouch for protection.
Hang outside with wind charms for healing energies.
Shop for Pendulums
Visit the Pendulum Collection or shop for your crystal pendulums here:
Continue your Healing Journeys
Contact Satin Crystals
We would love to hear your thoughts, stories, and questions on Amethyst rituals. Feel free to post them here on the blog below and we'll get back to you.
Disclaimer: The information provided is for entertainment only. See full disclosure.