Stuck Indoors? 5 Creative Crystal Craft Ideas, Part 5
Remember when you were a kid and you could entertain yourself for hours with things you found around the house? Even if there was nothing around, you had your imagination to take you to magical places.
Capture that youthful spirit and put on your creative thinking cap. Here are 5 ideas on how to get crafty with crystals in Part 5 of our Peace Not Panic journey.
1. Create Chakra Plates
We mentioned chakra plates as a great way to balance your neglected chakras in Part 4 of this series. But, what exactly are chakra plates?
Chakra plates are crystal slabs that have other stones attached to them. The stones are intentionally selected for the healing powers of a particular chakra. For example, a Third Eye Chakra plate might be a slab of Blue Agate with stones like Lapis Lazuli, Sodalite, and Dumortierite attached because these crystals specialize in opening up the sixth chakra.
If you need help determining which stones go with which chakra, check out our Chakra Guide.
Here are the steps to making chakra plates:
- Choose a natural stone slab, the flatter the better
- Gather up the stones that are meant to open the chakra you are working on
- Glue the stones on the slab (we like to use sugru because it works well securing heavy stones)
- Let them dry for at least 24 hours
- Alternately, if you don't want to permanently glue your stones, you can use a temporary putty or poster mountings (you'll have to be much more careful when using this method because the stones will be less secure).
You can make a whole series of 7 chakra plates. You could also make specialty healing plates by intention instead of chakras. In this case, gather the crystals for a certain intention. For example, you could have:
- A Calming Plate adorned with Larimar, Blue Calcite, and Aquamarine.
- A Grounding Plate with Obsidian, Tiger's Eye, Jasper, and Onyx.
- An Abundance Plate with Aventurine, Citrine, and Pyrite.
These chakra plates are perfect for balancing your energies and manifesting intentions, and the options are limitless. As an added bonus, they serve as interesting interior design decor and conversational pieces.
2. Infuse Gem Elixirs
Another crystal project to try today is making gem elixirs. Gem elixirs infuse a crystal's vibrations into water, oil or liquid.
Here is how to make a gem elixir:
- Choose the liquid you want to infuse
- Drop a clean crystal into the liquid
- Let it charge in the sunlight and moonlight for 24 hours
Warning: Make sure the crystal is one that is okay for water. Some crystals like Selenite and Angelite are too soft and dissolve in water. Others like Malachite cannot be used in drinking elixirs. Learn your crystals thoroughly before choosing to make a drinkable gem elixir. If you are unsure, ask a professional first.
If you are going to drink the gem elixir, remove the crystal before drinking.
If you are infusing oils, you can leave the crystal in the solution if you choose. Oil elixirs are ideal for vaporizing in the air or for moisturizing your skin.
You can place gemstones in your bath, or spray elixir mist onto your body and face.
Besides drinking, vaporizing and moisturizing, you can make gem elixirs for your pets. Make sure that the crystal is removed from the liquid before presenting it to your furry friend.
3. Bring Crystals to Life
When we do group crystal meditations, we like to guide participants to take a journey into their crystals. Imagine yourself shrinking down in size, entering the stone and opening your intuitive senses. What do you hear? What do you see? What do you smell? What do you feel? What do you taste? Most importantly, how does it make your spirit feel?
Each crystal fills you with a different sensation. Each one has a different tale to tell. Bring your crystals to life through story, song, poems. Perhaps some alliteration will help? Create crystal buddies with alliteration: All-Knowing Amethyst, Bold Bloodstone, Cool Calcite, Focused Fluorite...what a great bunch!
This is a perfect activity to do with your kids. It helps them learn the properties of the stones in a fun way. And, let's face it, you get as much out of it as the little ones! The best way to learn something is to teach someone else about it.
4. Personalize Crystals for your Friends
Do you find yourself procrastinating during the holidays and never actually getting hold of those perfect gifts that you would love to give others? Well, now that you are stuck at home, you have time to focus on your gift list and make those good intentions become reality.
By bringing crystals to life, you have a better idea of which crystals vibrate best with your giftee. Once you've decided on the perfect stone to give, add a little informational card that tells them why you selected this stone for them. Everyone loves personalized thoughtful gifts and this original idea is sure to win you the gratitude and compliments of others.
The early bird gets the best stones. Now that you are stuck indoors with a little bit more time in your hand, prepare for the upcoming holidays. Think about the birthdays, graduations, housewarmings, births, weddings, anniversaries, the just-because-you're-my-friend and the I-love-you gifts.
5. Make a Crystal Curio
If your crystals are cluttering up your home, now is a good time to put them on display in a nice and organized fashion. There are so many different ways to showcase your crystals in an impressive and respectful way:
- Make or purchase a curio cabinet that encases the gemstones nicely
- Make or buy a wall hanging so that each crystal can have its own little compartment. Make little signs for each gem so that you and your guests know what they are admiring.
- Wrap each stone with wire. With the stone resting on a surface, extend the wire upward and at the very top form a little cardholder. Here you can put the name and description of the stone.
- Transform your gems into magnets and stick them to the fridge with their descriptions.
- Wire wrap your stone and hang them from a bar or any high surface
- Wire wrap your stones and make them into a mobile
- Organize the stones along your shelves, cabinets, and vanity
- Organize your stones into an apothecary style drawer
- Put your crystal balls and eggs on display stands to keep them in place
- Display your eggs in an egg carton and feature them in the kitchen or dining area as farmhouse decor that gives off positive feng shui
- Place small stones in apothecary vials
- Hang your crystal jewelry necklaces and bracelets on specially designated racks
- Create a crystal terrarium
- Place appropriate stones in your fish aquarium
The ideas are as unlimited as your imagination! See Organizational Tips in Part 1 of this series for more ideas.
Turn Panic to Peace
As your mind opens up to these imaginative ideas, your momentum keeps you going. What will you come up with next? What other creative crystal ideas do you know? We'd love to hear your stories and comments. Post them below.
Have you tried any of the ideas in this article or the previous parts of the Peace not Panic series?
- Stuck Indoors? 5 Crystal Care Ideas
- Stuck Indoors? 5 Feng Shui Crystals & More
- Stuck Indoors? 5 Crystal Social Ideas
- Stuck Indoors? 5 Earth and Self-Healing Ideas
Want more crystal care methods delivered right to your inbox? Additional techniques are on the way as we continue to expand the series. Make sure you are a part of the Satin Crystals VIP.