Last week I discussed the Third Eye Chakra. Writing that blog shifted my mentality out of a rut and back into the spiritual game. I enrolled in yoga and had my first session on Monday. I will go again tonight. I am inspired to get back into meditations and possibly begin hosting guided groups again in the near future. We will take it step by step. I am so thankful for crystals and positive energy to get me through life's muck! To keep the momentum going, I present you with the Crown Chakra today- am all time favorite among the metaphysical community.
Seventh Chakra: Crown
Location: Unlike most other chakras that spin horizontally, this one flows vertically. Energy of the crown chakra enters and exits from the top of the head. The top of the head serves as an antenna between the spiritual and physical worlds.
Colors: The crown is associated with the Purple, and often with white, clear or gold.
Functions: The crown chakra is the body's spiritual mecca. Whereas our ideas and innovations come through the Third Eye, our intuitions and spiritual inspiration is received through the crown. We are all born with a path and purpose. As we grow out of childhood, the strong connection that we have with our spiritual selves, or Higher Self, often becomes faded because we get distracted with the physical world. When we open up the crown chakra, we can reconnect with our Higher Self, Spirit Guides, and Guardian Angels to get back on the right path.
Human life is a fast and hard lesson for the soul. We come to Earth for challenges and to evolve. Although we come with a plan and purpose, we are also born with free will and can decide to change that plan. We have a family of spirit guides and guardian angels who whisper directions and giving signs to remind us of the right path. What is the right path? The one that makes us happy at the soul level. It is different for each person. When the crown chakra is open and healthy, there is an easy flow in life. The signs are clearer, or we may not even notice them because everything feels right.
Because we exist in a physical world full of ego, temptation, and negativity, it is easy for the crown chakra to become distorted or blocked. Instead of receiving a constant flow of universal guidance, we may begin to act with the ego. The mentally and emotionally charged ego can drive us to competition, make us arrogant, fearful, doubtful, and angry. Actions inspired by the ego but not balanced by the Crown Chakra are actions that don't help us evolve. They are driven by greed or fear. A closed crown chakra could make one to feel purposeless. This feeling can lead to depression or sinister actions.
The crown chakra is a two way antenna. While we receive spiritual inspiration, what is it that we emit? Our desires and manifestation goals are released through the crown and out into the Universe. When we have a true desire to achieve something, and are ready to take the right actions, the Universe delivers it. That is what intention, manifestation, and the Law of Attraction is all about. Emitting our messages into the Great Universal Matrix and being open to receiving results. Reciting prayer and intentions are great for releasing energy from the crown out to the universe.
Meditation is the ultimate activator of the crown chakra. While prayers and manifestations emit messages, through meditation you can both emit and receive energy. When in deep meditation, we let go of the ego and the mental distractions. We release the physical sensations. We become a vessel of the Higher Self. Meditation is the best way to truly connect with your Higher Self and the spirit world. It is a method that has been tried and tested through cultures and times.
Because we are physical beings, we often like physical tools to assist us on life's quests. Crystals vibrate at a high rate because they also serving as antennas between the dimensions. That is why crystals are the most powerful tool to help you during your meditations, shamanic jounreys, and divine sessions.
Crystal Healing: Crown chakra crystals can be held during meditations, ceremonies, and light work. Larger stones can be placed all around to keep us connected to the higher realm. These are some of the most popular crystals for the Seventh Chakra:
- Amethyst- is well known and loved around the world. It is prized for being a very spiritual crystal, activating and opening the crown chakra to align you with universal energy. Amethyst helps you find your life purpose. It aids in alleviating headaches, insomnia, and anger.
- Charoite- is often called a 'stone of transformation' as well as a stone of power. In particular it transforms negative emotions such as anger and fear into positive feelings. As a part of the transformation process it allows release of those negative emotions, so one can change and move forward. Charoite is also known as a stone of inspiration, bringing enhanced creativity, spiritual growth and showing new possibilities in even the oldest situations.
- Lepidolite- clears electromagnetic pollution and should be placed on computers to absorb their emanations. It deflects negativity, keeping you shielded. Lepidolite activates the crown chakra, opening the gateway to your Higher Self and bringing cosmic awareness. The stone stabilizes mood swings and bipolar disorder.
- Quartz- is the Master Healer, encompassing all positive energies and bringing health to all aspects of life. It is a great stone to achieve mental an spiritual clarity. Quartz opens the chakras and aura energy.
- Selenite- is the best Crystal to Seal the Aura, protecting it from unwanted energies and intruders. Selenite brings clarity of mind and decisiveness. It is ideal for high vibration meditations.
- Sugilite- is considered one of the most important spiritual stones. It represents spiritual love and wisdom - opening and aligning all the chakras to love with its beautiful purple rays. This stone teaches and protects in matters of spiritual quests and forgiveness.
We have lots of crown chakra crystals at Satin Crystals, hand selected for energy and beauty. I'm currently low on Selenite and Sugilite, but new arrivals will be in the store soon. If there's anything you want and need, please ask. Meanwhile, Happy Journeying!