Using a pendulum to gain answers
The pendulum moves on the principle that it is reading your subconscious mind. Your subconscious has all the answers, but your conscious mind does not readily read. Crystals help to discern these answers. You can use any crystal pendulum for dowsing.
1. Hold the pendulum by the tip of the chain between your thumb & forefinger of your giving hand (right for right-handed)
2. Hold the pendulum over your receiving hand.
3. Relax, be comfortable.
4. Focus your intent on the pendulum and ask it out loud or silently, “Which way is YES?” The pendulum will move one way.
5. Tell it to “STOP” or stop it physically.
6. Focus your intent on the pendulum and ask it out loud or silently, “Which way is NO?” The pendulum will move another way.
7. You can now ask it YES or NO questions
Note: You may need to practice focusing your intent or trying out different pendulums to see which one corresponds best with your energies. Movements may be small or larger, depending on how relaxed you are. It may take several months to let go of control and become proficient with a pendulum.
FACT: Professional dowsers are often called to detect where negative electromagnetic energy is strongest. Ex: certain mineral concentrations coming in contact with underground streams may cause harmful electromagnetic currents.
Pendulum Energy Flow Tutorial
Checking the Chakras
Personally, I use only a Quartz crystal pendulums to check accurate energy flows of chakras, but you can use whichever crystal you prefer:
1. Hold the pendulum by the tip of the chain between your thumb & forefinger of your receiving hand (left for right-handed; right for left-handed)
2. Relax, be comfortable.
3. Let the pendulum rotate over the client’s chakras.
You want each chakra to be rotating in a large, clockwise motion.
Many Uses of Pendulums
Besides checking chakra energy and dowsing, you can also use natural stone pendulums to:
- Hang in a sunny window to reflect the light
- Hang from the ceiling in a healing space
- Convert into a necklace to wear with you
- Place it in a pouch for protection
- Hang outside with wind charms for healing energies